Pages

Thursday 3 August 2017

Comparing Fractions

This week we used inequality signs <, > and = to compare fractions.
On Monday we used materials. This was confusing for me because I was confused with using the signs and we learned that by comparing fractions by putting one over another to see which one’s bigger.

Photo
IMG_20170803_092815.jpg

On Tuesday we used a fraction chart. This was easy for me because I could fiscally see the fractions on the chart by using my two fingers to see which one was a bigger size.

Photo of fraction chart

IMG_20170803_135900.jpg

On Wednesday  we worked without the above.  We learnt a strategy which was to make the denominators the same. The knowledge required to solve to problems this way is to know your times table.

This was easy for me because I had done it before and that way I could understand it

0 comments:

Post a Comment