Pages

Tuesday 3 October 2017

⚽ Sports Camp ⚽

Walht: Show not Tell in our writing

The Monday stop.

As we step of the bus seeing other schools arriving we start unpacking everyone's bags. As we hear the hot sun making the ground sizzle we walk to the middle of the camp. We get walked to our cabins and were we get put into our groups and we walk in. We settle down making our beds and we go out to settle down in the dining room.

Hearing the rumbling sound from everyone's stomachs I take the first bite of the first meal I have gotten. My tongue moves around ready to take a bite. CRUNCH! My tongue waters for another bite. I take a drink of water as my mouth takes a walk through the cold icy water. We make friends from different schools admiring the sounds of laughter and excitement I get hit by a herd of butterflies attacking my stomach. I’m ready to run with all the other people from other schools we go round and round being left behind we all try to gather together and and try to run at the same speed.

I was told to run in front of everyone and try to get in front. I go past 1 school than 2 schools than 3 schools all running fast We go up hills, down hills, around hills and then we see all the school cheering for their schools in front of me. I overhear my school cheering for me. I run up the last hill and see that there's a girl in front of me I run with the little bit of energy in me and I beat her. As I walk down the lava grounds touch my feet burning the soul on my shoes but as I walk onto the grass… Antarctica has come to New Zealand, my feet chill and gets turn into ice then we go up.

“We are finished and we can all rest,” I say
“ No, you still have simming,”
“What”
I get ready and jump in the pool. In the first race I come 2nd and in the last race I come 4th. I was not happy with myself and did believe in myself I can do it next time. We have dinner and go to our rooms and get ready for bed the teachers come in a said
“5 Minutes girls” said Mrs

We go into bed and fall asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment