Pages

Friday 24 February 2017

Omaru Creek

Omaru Creek


Did you know how bad the Omaru Creek is? The Omaru Creek is so bad that the Maintenance crew had to called urgently. They came straight here and found the Glen Innes Omaru Creek in bad conditions.


They found that there was wet wipes, fat, rubbish and a lot more going into the creek.The Maintenance Crew put in fresh water and also did a test for five days.
Glen Innes School heard about this problem and is going to do something about it.Our school is going to work as a team to get this creek clean, maybe some help from the community.This is a severe situation so we are trying to clean a small section of the creek.


We went down to the creek, picked out our spot close to Apirana Road. In our part  we saw  cans, moss, clothes and much much more. The aim is to turn it back into a freshwater creek.


Everyone has a role in this Creek so it’s everyone's responsibility.

Screenshot 2017-02-23 at 14.38.19.png

1 comments:

Ata said...

Hey there Mya!! My name is Ata and I attend Pt England School as a Year 7 student. I am part of the quad bloggers team and I am supposed to comment on all of my buddies Te Taiao O Tamaki blog posts. Please remember that to make a label that says Te Taiao O Tamaki Please. Just so that I know what blog post to comment. Well, I am looking forward to seeing your comment on my blog: pesatareitat.blogspot.co.nz. Thanks Mya

Kind Regards,
Atareita

Post a Comment