Pages

Friday 29 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5 Bonus Activity

Ingredients:


1/2 cup Chelsea White Sugar
100g butter1 egg2 tablespoons cocoaa few drops of vanilla essence1 packet round wine biscuits (crushed)


Method:


Melt butter and sugar slowly in a saucepan. Allow to cool.
Add egg and mix well. Add vanilla essence, cocoa and biscuit crumbs and mix well.
Press mixture into a 20cm slice tray lined with grease-proof paper then refrigerate until mixture has set. When set ice the fudge slice with chocolate icing and cut into squares.


My all time favourite: Chocolate Fudge Slice

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mya
Chocolate Fudge Slice sound very nice... When you eat it, what do you eat it with??

Unknown said...

Hi Mya,

I'm Rachel Williams' mom and I'm reading your blog from Canada where I live. I'm so glad that you've decided to participate in the Summer Learning Journey!

I'm really happy to have a chance to learn about your favourite treat because it's a recipe that I haven't seen before. It sounds delicious! I've never heard of putting icing on top of fudge - what a sweet idea, in every sense of the word!

Being a Canadian, I'm not familiar with Chelsea white sugar - I'll have to ask Rachel about that. Perhaps there's something similar here. And we don't have 'Wine Biscuits' but I've had them when visiting your beautiful country and so I think I can find something that might substitute well for them in my grocery store.

Thank you for sharing your recipe! And I hope you're enjoying your summer holiday, as well as the blogging program!

Leslie

Cadence said...

Hi Mya!

This looks like a yummy recipe! Do you think you could add a photo so we know what it looks like?

Many thanks,

Cadence :)

Post a Comment